Saturday, February 4, 2012

cuban black beans.

If you're anything like me then you love quick, healthy and delicious meals.  Well, my mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it was too good not to share.  It's basically just black beans thrown in a crock-pot... doesn't sound all that exciting but we love it-plus it lasts us for a while! Branson actually said that it was one of his favorite meals...I was shocked because usually if it doesn't contain some sort of meat, he isn't havin it.  I was happy to hear it.  It cost me less than 3 bucks to make and I hardly did a thing. 
So...here it is!

Cuban Black Beans

1 lb. black beans 
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
6 C. water
1/2 C. olive oil
2-3 tsp. salt

Cook on High 6-8 hours

-It recommends to add 1/4-1/2 C white vinegar about an hour before serving.  However, I left this out because it had a ton of flavor without it.  It tastes delicious served over brown rice or even quinoa.  

We add a little cheese, tomatoes, some sautéed veggies, and...

 voilà

[not my photo but it works]

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving vegetarian dishes right now, and beans in particular! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete