Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yummy in my Tummy

Considering Halloween is just around the corner, I found it appropriate to finally make use of the can of pumpkin in my pantry. SO, I googled for a yummy pumpkin bread recipe and I'm pretty pleased as to how it turned out. Let's just say it's half way gone already...

(I replaced some ingredients for healthier one's, but i'll post both just in case)


Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat flour)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin purée*
1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
(I splurged on this last one and used semi-sweet chocolate chips, yumm)


3 comments:

  1. if you're wanting a good pumpkin cookie recipe...this one is DELISH!!!

    http://sticktoyourhips.blogspot.com/2009/10/falling-in-love-with-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I'll have to try it! I didn't realize how much I love pumpkin...haha thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that really a picture of your bread because that is beautiful and i wish you would have brought me a slice today :) and those pumpkin cookies look UH-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete