Monday, February 4, 2013

sew fun.

One of my resolutions this year is to finish at least one sewing project every month.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I have loved putting it to use!  I have so many ideas in mind, but wanted to start off slow.  For the month of January I finished two projects. Both were pretty easy and quick, but I am happy with the turnout!

First I made these cute binki clips for the babe.  He can't seem to keep the darn thing in his mouth and washing it off every five minutes was getting old real fast. They have been lifesavers. Plus they literally took 5-10 minutes to make so i'll probably be making more to switch it up a bit (or to match with his outfits ;)


My other project was pillows for our bed.  I have been looking for the right pillows for f.o.r.e.v.e.r and couldn't seem to find any that I liked.  Etsy had a ton, but I didn't want to spend that kind of money.  Soo i decided to sew my own! I am so happy with how they turned out... and for the fact that I didn't have to spend a pretty penny.

{Still need to fill the empty frames...next project}

 Parker insists on being photographed. What can I say, the camera loves him!

If you have any fun sewing projects that you think i'd enjoy, holla at me! :)


1 comment:

  1. So cute Shelly! I love the pillows. I got a sewing machine for my birthday last year and I GOTTA start using it! Why does it scare me?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete