Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY

Chicago has been experiencing some CRAZY summer storms lately, but I must say they are pretty exciting! (When you're not alone, that is) The thunder is SO unbelievably loud and the lightening seems like it shoots across the entire sky. The other night it rained hard for hours. The next day I had to be at Pat's for work at around 11 am and as I'm heading there I look around and EVERYTHING is flooded. Most of the roads were closed and I couldn't even get on the freeway because of all the water. I pulled up to a police officer that was directing traffic and he said there was no way I was going to make it to Oak Park for atleast a couple of hours. Cars were stuck in the water so everyone had to just wait for it to dry up. SO I didn't make it to work that day. Later I found out that my uncle's family business had been flooded with two to three feet of water. Check it out...

This was outside the warehouse and that blue thing is a mailbox. This is one reason I would not want to live here. Oh Cali, how I miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Was that from last week's storm or a new one? Crazy! Glad everyone's ok though!

    ReplyDelete