Monday, October 29, 2012

the waiting game.

At this point I really thought i'd be blogging about baby Hadfield's birth story and posting tons of pictures of our little guy.
Unfortunately he seems a little too content in my tummy and has yet to make an appearance.
The due date has come and gone...
I am now 2 days past due and SO ready to be done.
B and I wake up every morning just so disappointed that I'm not in any pain...
Seriously, I LONG for those painful contractions.
For some reason I think it's going to happen in the middle of night.
Every time I wake up for a potty break (which is EVERY hour of the night), and I don't feel any different, I get so frustrated.
I have heard over and over that most first time mom's go past their due dates.
 But it doesn't help that I was told at 20 weeks that baby boy was measuring a week ahead. 
That led us to believe that he was for sure coming early.
For the past two plus weeks we have been anticipating his arrival.
That has been SO emotionally draining for me.
It hasn't helped that all my friends that were due around the same time if not AFTER me have all had their babies...wha!?

My most recent doc. appointment was last Thursday and their wasn't much progression.
I was only dilated to a 1 (which I had been for 2 weeks) and about 60% effaced.
I asked my midwife to strip my membranes that morning hoping that would speed things along.
I had spotting that whole day with a lot of cramping, so I was hopeful.
The next day I felt nothing different.
Disappointed yet again.
I go in for another appointment tomorrow so we will see what happens.
I really, REALLY don't want to be induced.
I want this whole process to happen as natural as possible.
I know that he will come when he is ready and I have to keep telling myself that over and over.
Ultimately we just want him to be healthy.
And although I am SO done being pregnant, I know things will happen when they are meant to.
So until then, we wait. Impatiently.

PLEASE COME SOON PARKER!
We want to shower you with love and kisses.



1 comment:

  1. I SO know how you feel, Nathan (our first) was 5 days late...We had church the 4th day late and EVERYONE was like "You are stillll pregnant!??!"~ like I had control over it. We scheduled the induction and that was enough to make Nathan come out on his own, haha. I hope that everything goes well for you, and that baby Parker comes soon! Good luck! He is going to be such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete